Tuesday, March 15, 2011

pursuit of happiness


BEHOLD!

my early birthday present for my friend aj: my new cruiser skateboard! [[that i have named crush ;) ]]
i think i can pretty much say that i'm in love :] i've always secretly wanted to learn how to skateboard and have one to call my own and last wednesday i finally have one [[complete with skating lessons from aj]]
it was [[i guess]] custom built for me and my n00b ass and it's pretty spectacular :]
[[i was like "ahh!!" when i found out i was getting one :] haha]]
i officially started lessons yesterday after school in front of my cousin's house. i learned how to balance, turn and push off.
as you can see, i'm still learning by way of baby steps but i did manage to skate on it a couple of feet xD
up until now my mom didn't know about crush and i didn't really want her to find out because, like all mothers, she's concerned about me falling on my ass and possibly breaking something :sigh:
but luckily i'm old enough for her to not tell me "no! because i said so!" or something along those lines...
either way, i think i would've gone on and learned how to skate anyways because, well, if you want something, why not go get it? :]

i'm not sure if a lot of you know, or if i had already mentioned it in my last post [[i forget :/]] but I GOT WIFI AT MY HOUSEEEE!!! finally...
but it's weird, i thought i'd be posting up a lot more but i guess i've just been too busy with school.
like i know last semester i felt like i had more time to play around with my outfits and experiment with my style but this semester, i feel like it's just not so much and good wifi was hard to come by at school :/
i've mostly been living in my jeggings and shorts since i have more p.e. classes now. so i usually come to school dressed in work out gear. [[ugh, not my favorite thing to show up to school in /)_____=; but at i found it to be an interesting fashion challenge ;] more on that next time]]
so i've mostly been wearing your basic jeans+tee look :/ i don't usually like to post those outfits up since they seem kinda plain and mundane [[heh, i rhymed...]] and i don't really think that they're all that blog worthy :/ but i thought, "hey, wth, why not? i seem to be getting better at this casual dressing kinda thing ;]"
aaand not to be cocky or anything, but i thought i looked pretty cute today ;] lol


after yesterday's lesson i kinda learned about skate shoes and to be honest, i haven't really worn tennis shoes or anything like those since high school and i've never really worn them by choice since then. [[it's been just me and my flats x3 ]] but since aj told me wearing proper skating shoes are important, i guess i can make an exception ;] since, y'know, they help with grip and make sure you don't fall and make a face like this on the way down:

haha i jumped on my board and it started to roll away and i got a little bit freaked out c[:
btw, did you guys ever sit on a skateboard and ride it downhill like a bobsled? it's pretty fun and a lil bit reckless. i used to do it a lot with my cousins when i was a lot younger

i'd go down the hill that my cul-de-sac is in, buuuut i'd rather not die. haha it's pretty steep. but i'm pretty content just chillin on my board :]

even my dog frisco was checkin it out ;] im kinda hoping that he'll take to it and start skateboarding too like that bulldog on youtube :] but i don't really see that happening haha

either way, i'm still really happy that i have a skateboard to call my own and that i finally get to learn how to ride it :3
truthfully i was a little worried that i would be the only one of my friends who skateboarded and that i'd just be doing it on my own but i'm glad to say that i've already gotten offers to do skating with some of them so this also makes me happy :]
and hey, maybe crush'll help me come out of my awkward turtle shell and break the ice to make new friends! :D that's always welcomed!
so i'm pretty excited for what the future holds behind this new door that has opened :]

t shirt-hot topic
jeggings-pacsun
shoes-ross
glasses-DIY
vampire necklace-2nd hand store
skateboard-zip zinger by krooked

No comments:

Post a Comment